Maintaining order and cleanliness in the kitchen is essential. To find everything the first time and not waste time when looking for utensils and food, and also to keep bacteria at bay when we cook avoiding unpleasant surprises.
In fact, sometimes we are not aware of the importance of keeping this space clean in which we have to avoid any type of contamination of food. To achieve this, today we bring you four tips to keep the kitchen clean and safe.
With Recyclit, we simplify the entire recycle procedure and save you a lot of time and effort from collecting all organic and inorganic wastes by having you posting them and letting the self-closing stainless-steel doors prevent any smells from spreading outside the recycling bin.
Tips to keep your kitchen clean
Cooking zone: The ceramic hob or the gas hob is one of the places that accumulates the most dirt, with the splashes of the pot or the pan. In the event that the kitchen is gas, it is best to disinfect the burners with a mixture of vinegar and three tablespoons of baking soda with half a litre of water to get clean any debris that may hinder the exit of the gas.
In the case of the ceramic hob, it will be enough to clean the surface with a special cleaning product for this type of surfaces, helping you with a special blade to eliminate any food residue without the danger of scratching the plate.
Clean the countertops well: Countertops are an especially dangerous place. In them, we manipulate food, we cook… and we do not always clean it as we should to eliminate germs. Sometimes, we even use wipes full of bacteria to clean it.
In the event that the countertop is Silestone, a synthetic and not porous material, it is easy to disinfect it with water and neutral pH detergent. But if the countertop is made of wood, in addition to cleaning it with detergent, it is necessary to apply a specific oil every two or three months to hydrate and restore its natural shine. For stainless steel countertops, simply rub with a cloth with detergent.
The kitchen, well ventilated. Ventilate the house every day is an obligation. And in the case of the kitchen, even more. This need for ventilation becomes more mandatory if possible when we have the kitchen open and integrated into the living room or dining room, as smoke and odours spread throughout the room without remedy. To achieve adequate and natural ventilation, it is best to put the window near the kitchen. And of course, turn on the extractor hood at the right power every time you cook. You would be surprised to know how many people forget to connect it!
Attention with waste. Our houses are real machines to generate garbage. Any domestic kitchen generates around a daily kilo of garbage, be it organic, paper, cardboard, glass or plastics. In addition to recycling to help care for the environment (get trash bins with several compartments for recycling), it is important that we take great care with the waste we generate while cooking, as they are a great source of contamination. The main source of contamination is the garbage bin, where microorganisms find the optimal conditions to spread. So, in addition to lowering the garbage daily, it is recommended to clean the bucket every few days.
You have to turn it into a habit!
The kitchen is the heart of your home, or why do you think that the relatives, the most interesting visits and conversations always end there? No matter how much you strive to fix and decorate your entire home … they always end up in the kitchen.
And there is nothing more pleasant than an impeccable kitchen, that provokes cooking, that is not the reason for uncomfortable moments with unexpected visits, but most important of all is that our kitchen avoids diseases and accidents due to cross contamination.
We know the hard work that is to keep the kitchen clean, even more what it means to work on it avoiding cross contamination when you have different diets or diet. However, we can do it without dying in the attempt, here are some tips to save time and money, keep a clean kitchen, healthy for everyone and do not end up so tired after all:
- Use the market bags for garbage and take it out every day. Place newspaper in the bottom of the boat and then an extra group of bags ( a minimum of 7), so when you take out the bag that is full of garbage you already have a spare bag. Boot the bottom newspaper and wash the trash can at least once a week or sooner if it gets dirty faster
- Go cleaning while you cook, so you do not have that much work left after eating. A good shortcut is to fill the sink with hot soapy water and place the dirty items on the fly, when you finish you will not have to scrub much. Another good daily routine that helps avoid cross contamination is to clean the cabinets and the exterior of the appliances while you cook
- Keep the refrigerator clean and free of expired or damaged foods. This can be achieved by “recycling and refusing” the leftovers as soon as possible, storing and consuming the products according to their expiration date. At least once a week empty the refrigerator, discard the products that are not in good condition and clean with detail inside and out
- To reduce the levels of bacteria in the utensils, replace the sponges once a week, make sure to keep them dry, out of the dishwasher pot and every time you go to scrub, pass them around 30 seconds in the microwave. Wash your kitchen rags once a week, preferably with hot water.
- Clean surfaces after each preparation, you can do it quickly by passing a cloth and a spray of homemade disinfectant (water, lemon, baking soda and vinegar), so you can prevent cross contamination and contact with viruses that can cause various diseases
- Avoid unwelcome visitors (cockroaches and ants). For this purpose, it keeps the cupboard tidy and clean. When you have a few free minutes and at least once a week, throw away empty food bags and boxes (like cereal), clean spills, organize cans and clean shelves. In case they also reach your kitchen.
Remember that with Recyclit you can dispose inorganic waste, organic waste and recyclables knowing that you are using an innovative solution made with the most reliable and durable items in the market.