For many of us music is an integral part of our life and this helps us to continue working, to relax or take a break in our day. It is undeniable that music has become an important part of our lives, when the latest one of Star Wars’ releases impressed many critics because of a scene with complete silence for about 30 seconds, you can begin to contemplate how essential music has become in every each of our daily activities. The real benefits music provides are many and learning to play a musical instrument has even more, these are some of them:
1. Music training improves our cognitive abilities twice as much as sports, theatre or dancing.
This was the conclusion of a study conducted by Adrian Hille and Jürgen Schupp of the German Socioeconomic panel. Studying music not only benefits cognitive abilities but also physical abilities.
2. The positive benefits of studying music last for years, even after you have left it.
Erika Skoe and Nina Kraus found, in a study published in the Journal of Neuroscience, that musical study has benefits that extend for a long time after training. Simply learning an instrument in childhood can have great long-term consequences such as avoiding diseases such as Alzheimer’s.
3. Studying music increases academic success.
Dr. James Catterall studied 25,000 students between 8th and 10th grade and found that students who study music or art get better grades, get better results on standardised tests, have fewer absences and are more active in activities with others. students. Learning an instrument helps reduce stress, increase concentration, skills necessary for learning.
4. Older musicians keep being mentally sharp.
Older musicians get better results in mental tests than people of the same age who do not know how to play a musical instrument. Brenna Hanna from the University Emory studied 70 adults between 60-83 years and found that the musician who played an instrument obtained high results than the non-musicians in tasks that proved the ability of the brain to adapt to new information.
These studies have discovered the profound benefits that come from playing an instrument. Learning to play the piano or guitar from a young age can bring countless positive changes in life. But perhaps the most important thing about learning an instrument is the pure pleasure of creating beautiful melodies.
We all learn differently and learning music can be as easy as watching a YouTube video, attending classes at your local university, hiring a private teacher or method books are also great ways. If you want to hire the services of a professional in Melbourne, you can learn to play the guitar using new techniques and ensuring you can play any rhythm or solo from any song you want. There is no better time to start than today and the benefits will last your entire life.
There are many different reasons why a person can decide to enter the world of music through playing an instrument. Nothing like welcoming spring with a journey that enhances the exaltation of the senses always in contact with joy. Why does learning to play the guitar produce so much happiness?
Other benefits of having contact with music therapy
1. You come into contact with another dimension of life, lived from a poetic language in the form of musical notes and rhythms. Therefore, you acquire a new form of expression and communication. A universal language that will accompany you throughout your life.
2. Music has a power of catharsis that allows you to channel your emotions through contact with that soundtrack of life. Therefore, the simple gesture of playing the guitar can give you strength to elevate your mood on a bad day and express your deepest feelings that would not come out using words.
3. Music is an art to be shared. That is, other people can listen to you while you play the guitar. And then, you also improve your emotional ties with others through this gift of culture. Conservatories schedule concerts in which students can share their talent with listeners. This experience is very important for the student who learns to manage nerves in an exhibition in public.
4. When you learn to play the guitar in the conservatory or with a private teacher, you face a gradual learning process, through courses with which you overcome limits, you want ability to interpret songs with greater complexity. And this raises your level of self-esteem in a remarkable way since in the most advanced courses you can get to play compositions by very important authors.
5. Some people can even earn a living professionally thanks to their work as guitarists. But many others enjoy this activity as a routine of leisure and free time with which to celebrate the present. A form of playful avoidance with which to break the routine and reduce stress wherever you are. You can even liven up some of the plans with friends to the rhythm of the music.
The language of music
Learning to play the guitar is also a stimulus to acquire fundamental musical knowledge. For example, you can acquire basic notions to understand the meaning of the rhythm of a song. Well, music is one of the fundamental components of existence because it enhances pleasant emotions, feeds self-knowledge, improves concentration and attention in the present, raises levels of resilience to life. In short, music is a gift that you can enjoy if you train enough.
Learning to play the guitar is an experience with which to discover all these benefits of illusion. There are different types of intelligence, well, this practice encourages musical intelligence and auditory memory. But in addition, music like any other artistic activity helps you enhance the sense of inspiration. But in addition, music as well as any artistic activity helps you enhance the sense of inspiration. Lastly, music also helps you enhance other cognitive skills that will help throughout different stages of life.